The Foundry Shopping Centre provides a number of facilities to visitors, designed to make your visit as convenient and enjoyable as possible.
Should you wish to suggest any additional facilities or services that would help or improve your shopping experience at The Foundry Shopping Centre, please use our feedback form to comment.
The nearest cash machine is situated in Clock Square. There are also cash withdrawal facilities at all of the nearby banks/building societies.
Our friendly Customer Care Team are responsible for the security, maintenance and cleanliness of the centre. Members of the team can be found around the centre and will be happy to assist with any queries or you can find them at their base in the Centre Management office on Market Hill.
From time to time we all lose things and here at The Foundry Shopping Centre we understand that, and aim to return any found items to their rightful owner as quickly as possible. We do what we can to trace the owner of items found in the centre but unfortunately this is not possible on all occasions.
If you believe you may have lost items within our centre please visit our management office or call us on 01724 853480, we will be happy to check our records for you. We also recommend you check if anything has been handed in to your local police station.
For items found in the centre we operate the following procedures:
- Found items handed in at our Centre Management Office at 12 Market Hill, or passed to our security officers will be recorded in our lost property register.
- Once recorded in our register found items will be kept for a period of 30 days. We reserve the right to dispose of unclaimed items after the 30 day period, or donate them to a charity.
- In the instance of found Bank/Credit Cards we will follow the instructions on the rear of the card. If the owner of the property cannot be contacted we will either hand them to the police or keep for 30 days. If they remain unclaimed after this time they will be destroyed.
- Found perishable goods will be recorded in the lost property register. All unclaimed perishable goods will be disposed of at the end of the shopping centre’s business hours.
Please note that our centres staff are unable to accept lost keys and advise that you hand these in at your nearest police station.
Any person with mobility issues can hire a scooter or wheelchair for free, although donations are welcomed. All applicants must attend the Shopmobility Centre for an assessment before they are allowed to use the equipment. Assessments are carried out by appointment between Monday and Thursday.
Shopmobility is located on the ground floor at Fenton Street multi-storey car park. Two hours free parking is available and parking is free after 2pm. Blue badge holders park free at all times. There is a maximum weight limit on the scooters - one has a weight limit of 18 stone (115kg), the limit on the others is 22 stone (139kg).
Toilet facilities can be found in the following locations:
- Bus Station, Carlton Street, Scunthorpe - male, female, disabled, baby changing (20 pence charge, except disabled, free with RADAR key). Open 7 days, 24 hours.
- Gilliatt Street, Scunthorpe - male, female (20 pence charge). Open 7 days, 24 hours.
- Fenton Street multi-storey car park (Shopmobility) - disabled only. Open 7 days, 24 hours.
- St John’s Market, Jubilee Way, Scunthorpe – male, female, disabled. Open Tuesday – Saturday, 8am – 4pm, no charge.
Baby Changing Facilities
There are baby changing facilities in the toilets at the Bus Station on Carlton Street (20 pence charge, except disabled, free with RADAR key). Open 7 days per week, 24 hours.